Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Reading Strategy

I hate reading and working at the same time. When I'm reading I usually don't enjoy having to go back and search for which character left in the first chapter or figure out what some complex sentence says. This is because I don't use a reading strategy, I read everything at 100 words a minute and don't retain anything whether it's a 300 page book on worm holes or a 2 paragraph article on cows.

You have to look at their writing strategy in order to develop your reading strategy. Look for key things such as repetition, target audience, and purpose of article. You can also read the first and last paragraph to figure out what it's about. I usually read all of the main article then go back and read the beginning summary for clarification.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment